12.23.2009

Oh, The World of Tiling

For those of you who actually enjoy our home improvement updates, here's another! It's time to redo the master bath and Dellas got right on it! Just on Day 1 he removed the nasty glass shower door, ripped up the old vinyl and sub-floor, removed the toilet, and tore out the baseboard. I came home from work with it looking something like the following! (Please ignore how dirty the tub is without the shower door!)




Day 2 Dellas picked me up on my lunch hour to go to Lowes to check out tile. We found a great deal on this tile (below) and thought it'd look just fine...especially for $.79 a tile. But once we got one in there, we decided it wasn't quite right.
So I took another trip back to Lowes that night, while he was at work, and found this tile (below), got it home and liked it much better than the first one (even though it's a little pricier) It has more color, more dimension and definitely fits our "color scheme" better. So today Dellas finished laying the last of the backer-board, bought 54 tiles, mortar, spacers, and other necessary tools to start laying the tile tomorrow!


However, he won't be able to get it grouted until Monday since he gets to work starting tomorrow night all the way through Sunday. Oh well! At least after 24hrs or so of being laid we can walk on it, we'll just be careful until he can grout it.
Anyway, its been fun for me coming home every night and seeing the progress! I like this whole "Dellas-not-having-class-during-the-day" thing. :)

So, opinions? Did I pick the right tile?

5 comments:

  1. I like the bottom one a lot, the first choice is too light I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice of tile color, Jill !!

    Quite the "Mr. Fix-it man" you married !!
    Looks like Oakley is just "sleepin' on the job" by the tub :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice. I like the bottom one also - more color contrast. Isn't it fun fixing up your own place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you're doing a great job! Gives us all inspiration:)
    Love, Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want to see the finished product :) Looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete