Well, for those of you who don't already know, I have some awesome news! (No, I'm not pregnant like 1/2 of you thought when I called to tell you haha). But the 2nd coolest thing just happened - Dellas got offered an internship at his top choice company, Kiewit! Not only did he get in with his top company, but also his top choice of districts, their Bridge and Marine district. He interviewed for this internship about two months ago and it sounded like it had gone well, but the competition was tough. Kiewit interviewed at around 15-20 schools and only 1 to 3 people from each school would be offered a position, and Del was one of them!
Little side story - about 2 yrs ago I asked Dellas what he hoped to do with his degree and if there was a company he had in mind as his "ultimate employer." He didn't hesitate to say he'd heard awesome things about Kiewit and that he'd like a chance to work for them someday. And now he does!!
We don't know the details yet, but we have some bits and pieces of information. We know it will be paid (yay!) and we know he will not be in Idaho for this coming up Summer (and I won't be going with him since he's coming back in just 3 months to finish his last semester of school). At the interview the people had said they try to keep interns close to home if they have spouses and/or families, and that it's likely his location would be in the Portland or Seattle area. However, in today's offer letter it named Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, British Columbia, Louisiana, Texas, and Hawaii as all possible areas.
Anyway, I'm SO proud of my hubby (thus the blog title) for going for his goals and achieving the first major step towards a great career! Now, we just pray it all works out and he actually LIKES working for his "dream company."
That is great Jill! You go for it Del!
ReplyDeleteLove Auntie:)
suddenly all those gray hairs are worth it, but still not sure I had much to do with it - my sincere congrats and hat off to you. you did it. all by yourself. <3 mom
ReplyDelete