3.29.2013

Big Change

In my last post I mentioned that we've been thinking about moving but that it was frustrating finding a good place....well I found one and we've already moved!
Right before I went to Spokane I called on a place in Maple Valley (half hr south of where we were) but the guy wasn't very excited about us having a dog. He was having an open house while I was out of town and told me to call him when I got back. I thought for sure it'd be rented before I could get home but after a couple of back and forth phone conversations he had decided to allow Oakley AND lowered the rent $50/month :) So i took a look last Wednesday night, i told him we'd take it on Thursday and we started moving in on Friday! My family totally stepped up immediately to help which was SO great! First thing Friday morning my mom was here helping pack, Saturday morning she came back with my dad and his trailer in toe, and Sunday my sister (who now lives 5 mins away!!) took Jaxson for us while Del and I made trips and cleaned the old place. Couldn't have done it without their help!!
It was definitely bittersweet to leave our place in Issaquah. It wasn't hard to leave the place itself but our location and landlord; She kept crying when we were doing the exit walk thru! But nevertheless we are finally in a single family home (not duplex) with easily double or triple the yard space and 300 more square feet plus a two car garage again! We feel like we're back in our Meridian home in a way so that's made it very easy to settle in :) Only major downside is Del's commute has about doubled...but he was willing to take that hit for a more comfortable place to live and watch Jaxson learn to crawl and walk in!

I'll post better pictures in the near future but here are a few...It's still a work in progress as we've only been in for a week!
Bad pic, but the house


Main living room

Dining

2nd living room

Guest Bath

Master Bath


1 comment:

  1. It does remind me of the Meridian house a bit, especially the living room/fire place. We're happy for you! and happy to get to see you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete