10.16.2010

Punkin' Carvin'

In the spirit of Halloween (a little early), Del and I decided to carve our first pumpkin together. We went to Albertson's, picked out the perfect one, and brought him home. I had planned on printing out a stencil/template to help us get the design first since neither of us are the best artists; however, I forgot that our printer ink was out so I brought the pumpkin into the office and, with my stencil on the screen, I used my best drawing skills to copy the design. After admiring my impressive skills, we got to work!

Here's Del scraping out all the punkin guts. Yes, I helped too!

Del and I took turns carving

Of course, you can't carve a pumpkin without roasting the seeds!

The finished product (it says "Welcome," kinda hard to tell in the pics)-- may not last till Halloween, but oh well

All lit up

I have to say that I found an awesome recipe for the seeds too! The few times we roasted them growing up we would just basically salt them so I wanted to try something different. This recipe has you melt butter, add garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce and spread over the seeds. It was very tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like pumpkins to feel like Fall is here, huh? Classy carving! And roasted pumpkin seeds reminds me of Gram Ramey!

    ReplyDelete